Thanks to Nick Booth for a pointer to this website where you can see which of the 198 National Indicators that central government sets for Local Authorities your council has chosen to focus on. Local Authorities have each had to choose 35 priority indicators that their performance will be measured against.
As Nick points out, the site isn't anywhere near as user friendly as it could be, but it does let me link to specific indicators. So, take a look at see:
- Is your Council focusing on providing positive activities for young people? (77 are)
- Is tackling child poverty top of the agenda for them? (it is for 45 councils)
- Are they among the 25 councils focusing on high quality PE and sport for young people?
- Or are they one of the 5 councils targeting the emotional and behavioral health of looked after children?
- Is the number of young people from low incomes background progressing to higher education on the agenda? (it is for 9 councils)
There are a number of other indicators that apply to young people – and you can either search on the Local Indicators Site to see which 35 indicators your local authority is focussed on, or you can put put the three digit indicator number (i.e. 001 for #1, 078 for 78 or 112 for #112) at the end of this URL:
I'll try and put together a comprehensive list & mash-up of the data if time allows next week